Total Pageviews

Monday 21 January 2013

Collections : Broken Down : 'Of The Young' Review

I was fortunate to receive a copy of Collections as an early Xmas present from the band in late December. Having been on my car stereo constantly since i thought I'd give you a track by track review.

Of The Young Review

First up is opener 'Of The Young' starting off slow, with a brilliant instrumental intro which flows in to James Cooks vocals at around 30 seconds. This track is made for the opening track of any Delphic live show. The production levels are high & you can really hear the hip hop influence in this one.
At around 2:40 Rick comes in to his own with some beats and a gospel backing track. This could quite easily be on 'The Black Album' for me.

I could see this as the opening track on the forthcoming tour. Doubt would follow suit perfectly for me.

As Delphic did with 'Clarion Call' on 'Acolyte' their opener sets the scene for the whole album.

A great start!!!

Coming next Baiya


No comments:

Post a Comment